Labyrinth School (BE)
The Labyrinth school owes it’s name to the massively long corridors linking the different buildings of the school.
The building was under demolition or redevelopment when we visited, not many features remain except one of the large corridors and the gym.
The school used to be a hands on skills school for children. They started the plans for building in 1910 but were delayed because of World War 1, by the end of 1926 it was finished.
Here children could learn about carpentry, basketry, cut and seam, agriculture and livestock. Long corridors ensured that the students could walk inside between the different functions such as classrooms, kitchens, workshops, gymnasiums, greenhouses and an educational farm.